The Asian Network of Research Resource Centers (ANRRC: President, Dr. OBATA (Director of RIKEN BioResource Center)) was established to form a network of Asian biorepository institutions in order to promote science, technology and innovation in Asia.
The 6th ANRRC annual meeting was held, in Shanghai Cancer Center, Fudan University, Shanghai, China from September 17th to 20th, 2014, hosted by the Dr. Xiang DU (Professor of Shanghai Cancer Center, Fudan University) and Dr. Xiuzhu DONG (Deputy Director of Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences).
There were 186 participants from various Asian repositories of bioresources in 11 countries.
There were 55 oral and 40 poster presentations, and active discussion was made in sessions of different topics such as Microbial resources, Animal resources, Plant resources, Biobanking, Data Management, Biodiversity, and Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC)
The following items were decided in the Executive Board Meeting.
- Dr. OBATA was asked to extend his term for one more year by the board members and he accepted.
- Dr. Jane CARPENTER (Australia) and Dr. Juncai MA (China) were elected as Board Members and approved.
- The next annual meeting will be held in Kyungju, Korea.
- Some sessions addressing scientific/technical issues will be set up.
- The meeting of specific Committees such as IT Committee, Biobanking Committee, International Affairs Committee and Biodiversity Committee will be reinforced.
- The program committee should be established.
- Korea National Research Resource Center (KNRRC) generously volunteered to serve as ANRRC's Headquarters and the Board agreed.
We thank Prof. Menghong SUN of the Fudan University for her great effort for successfully organizing this meeting.
Participants from RIKEN BRC
Yuichi OBATA (Director), Masatomo KOBAYASHI (Head), Moriya OHKUMA (Head), Masako TAKASHIMA (Unit Leader), Takehide MURATA (Research Scientist), Gen OKADA (Senior Research Scientist), Fumio OMAE (note)